email@example.com | neidetcher.com | 303.246.0841
Summary of Qualifications
- Technology and process leader with 20 years development experience.
- Pragmatic team player that thrives on producing tangible results that add real benefit.
Major League Baseball - Senior Director, Boulder, CO (Jan 2020 - present)
Voyant - Senior Director Software Engineering, Boulder, CO (May 2017 - Jan 2020)
- Acquired, hired and lead software teams to support rapid growth.
- Rolled out a sensible and effective implementation of scrum process across my 6 teams.
- Architected and developed next generation 911 solutions.
- Wrote a Java Netty application to maintain legacy 911 binary protocol connections.
- Wrote an extensible SIP call router using Java and Netty handling 2500 calls per second across 8 nodes in production.
Time Warner Cable - Senior Engineer, Denver, CO (Oct 2010 - May 2017)
- Lead engineer on 2 PCI customer portal applications written in Groovy and Grails.
- Residential and commercial portal development in Groovy and Grails.
- Scala RESTful JSON middleware to support portals integrating a dozen back-end systems.
- Designed and implemented edge web services backing the first cable iPad application to stream real-time video content. The application and service was awarded the 2011 Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Philo T. Farnsworth Award.
- Wrote Android demo application featured in Samsung keynote at the 2011 CES.
Dash Carrier Services - Principal Architect, Denver, CO (Jun 2007 - Oct 2010)
- Collaborated with business and leadership to establish a domain model and database schema to run a VoIP and 911 geo-spatial call routing systems.
- Created architecture and design for the entire software solution.
- Managed a 6 engineer team built by hiring and integrated from acquisition.
- Lead agile process as scrum master, aligning work with strategic and tactical business goals.
- Communicated with customers to make sure they could use our API.
- Wrote software to dynamically pick vendors for phone traffic and 911 service provisioning based on least cost.
OpenLogic - Senior Engineer, Broomfield, CO (Dec 2006 - Jun 2007)
- Evaluated open source software and normalize it into distributable packages with Groovy.
- Java web app development with JSF, SOAP, Hibernate, Spring and Geronimo.
Avaya - Member of Technical Staff, Westminster, CO (Nov 2004 - Dec 2006)
- Integrated Lotus Domino Sametime groupware and Avaya voice conferencing system.
- Wrote JBI components and JMX MBeans for an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
Level 3 - Senior Engineer, Broomfield, CO (Feb 2000 - Nov 2004)
- Wrote the first SOA service at Level 3 to support tracking of network inventory.
- ReST and SOAP SOA authoring and consumption with J2EE back-end.
- Used MapQuest and MS MapPoint geocoding services to ensure location data integrity.
- ORM Persistence layer design and implementation against Oracle.
- Web and J2EE API development, deployment, build automation and configuration.
ASD Interactive - Application Developer, Morton, IL (Apr 1999 - Feb 2000)
- Java E-commerce development IBM WebSphere and DB2.
Affina - Programmer / Analyst, Peoria, IL (Dec 1997 - Apr 1999)
- Oracle data warehousing analysis and data extraction from de-normalized RDBMS.
- Python CGI development and markup conversion.
US Marines - Infantry Rifleman, Security Forces, Secret Clearance (1990 - 1994)
Languages and APIs
- Java (FP with Java8), JMS, J2EE, EJB, iBatis, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, Struts2, Spring (DI, AOP, DAO, Security)
- Groovy, Grails, Python (Django , CGI, PIL), Jython, Ruby, Rails
- Scala, Lift, Play, Finagle
- Spring, Spring-Boot, Hystrix
- SQL, Stored Procedures, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Hazelcast
- Netty, SipStack.io
- gradle, sbt, Maven 2, Ant
- jUnit, Spock, EasyMock, Mockito, jUnitPerf, Selenium-IDE (and selenium-java), Cobertura, Jacoco, Pitest
- UML, OOP, OOA/D, FP, AOP
- ReST (JRA), SOAP (CXF, Axis2, JAXWS), XML
Platforms and Tools
- Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, JBoss, ServiceMix ESB, BEA Weblogic
- Linux (primarily Debian based), most types of Unix, MacOS
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, HSQLDB, Oracle, DB2
- IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, VIM, OmniPlan, OmniGraffle
- Paw, SOAPUI, VisualVM, Charles Proxy, Burp Suite, Wireshark, Subversion, git, Jenkins